Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cheaters!

So we're about to cheat on our Trinidad adventure, and I'm not revealing how until it's all over. How come no one told me that keeping up with a blog is so hard? Mentally, I'm writing new posts all the time - about strange Trinis, the baby girl, the heat, my new hairdo and how unsuitable ten pounds of braids are for the heat, but this is all mental. I've committed nothing to screen for a whole month and this is not for lack of happenings down here.
I'll make a vow then - to be a better blogger when our little adventure comes to an end. We're away from our computers until Thursday October 8, and upon our return I'll reveal where we were, share some news, and blog about life in never-dull Trinidad an-a-bagel (as Helen call this place).
Oh, oh, oh, wish Grey Happy Birthday! His 40th (!) is on Saturday October 4th.

Love from all of we.

2 comments:

vill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GREY!! MAY THERE BE 40 MORE HAPPY ONES.


Peter and Adelaide

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Brown-Thornberries. Thornberry-Browns? This is my first time checking back in after your first post. I'm loving your pics and stories.
I passed along the blog info to a friend I made this week tutoring at the Learning Center at B.C. She is also from Trinidad, although she went to high school in Atlanta. Like you,Grace, she is an aspiring writer. Maybe you'll meet someday, if you ever really return to Brooklyn.
Teaching English 1. Hard,hard,hard. I now understand why bloody marys ought to be part of the grading process...
Happy Birthday, Grey!
I can't believe how big Helen has gotten! No more stroller issues for you!
Love, Sally