Monday, October 13, 2008

And then there were four.

Now I'll know for sure how many people actually check in on this blog because I think what I'm about to post should at least elicit some comments, please? That's been the hardest part about writing - not knowing if anyone reads these little rants. But here's the big news: I'm 12 weeks pregnant with number two! Some of you have known this for various amounts of time, but this is the public announcement of Thornberry Fetus Two. We're thrilled and excited and Helen Dekker loves to rub my burgeoning belly, but there have been bumps not had the first time around. First trimesters and Caribbean heat do not mix at all, at all. For HD I had the luxury of a mild UK autumn in the Midlands with long country rambles over meadows and vales, for real. This time it has been non-stop heat wave, ninety degree plus weather action. Not nice at all. But then, I haven't had to work too hard and Grey has been awesome, and the townhouse is air conditioned. For a while there I was convinced that I was having twins, but this morning, the lovely and gracious Dr. Haqq (pronounced Hack, I kid you not) announced that there was only one little heartbeat and that it was healthy and strong. Now, I'm convinced it's a boy because the experience has been so very different from carrying Helen.
Anyhow, you'll be the first to know in a few weeks when we do the gender scan.

Love from all of we.

6 comments:

Nerissa said...

Trust your instincts; it's a boy!
Just drink lots of liquids and keep the bathroom within easy distance as the weeks go by.

Grey Thornberry said...

congratulations mom! Another child blessed with the best mother in the world.

TBLAZIO said...

congrats to you and your cute family. I am very happy for you. anyway if it is a boy your spirits shld be high and you shld be happy, at least that was me with tate-i think i could have walked to the moon i had so
much energy. kisses. tonya

E's Mama said...

so happy for you all! helen's going to be a stellar older sister. (re: the title of this post -- when i was pregnant with elias, we sent an e-mail to out-of-town friends with the subject "and then there were three"!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!! We miss you in the hood, but are so happy for you all. Sending you much love and support always - Mike, Lynn, and Niki

Tonisha said...

Yay! I'm very excited about the new baby!! Congrats!